World AIDS Day Observance – Montgomery
Published: November 13, 2018
Join MAO in observance of the 30th World AIDS Day.
Remembering AND Honoring
World AIDS Day – 2018
Saturday, December 1, 2018
MAO/COPELAND CARE CLINIC
2900 McGehee Road, Montgomery
MAO LEARNING CENTER
2530 Fisk Road, Montgomery
SCHEDULE OF ACTIVITIES:
9 AM – Get to Know MAO – Community Meet and Greet
10 AM – World AIDS Day Under the Tent
- Looking back at 30 years of the epidemic
- How far have we come?
- A tribute to those lost and those living
- Where will the future take us?
11 AM – Light Lunch, Sponsored by Subway
Afternoon Balloon Release (Time Yet Announced)
- Honor those lost to an AIDS-related illness with a red balloon
- Celebrate the lives of those living with HIV with a white balloon
Help raise awareness and remove stigma by making events like this possible.
Join the World AIDS Day Challenge with a singe donation or donate and activate giving by others on social media.
Don’t forget to also join MAO and our friends from KRU for
The Red Party in observance of World AIDS Day 2018
4 PM to 7 PM at KRU on Mt. Meigs
Exchange stories and memories with us.
Open cash bar, drink specials, and light food