Alabama AETC is a joint initiative of Medical Advocacy and Outreach and the Southeast AETC at Vanderbilt University’s Comprehensive Care Clinic, funded by HRSA.
On-line – Learn On the Go Opportunities:
SE AETC PROVIDES REGULAR REGIONAL WEBCASTS AND LEARNING OPPORTUNITIES
CLICK HERE to explore the wealth of knowledge available in a calendar format.
In addition to webcast-style experiences, SE AETC offers a growing list of online courses to further expand the knowledge of our community providers.
Check out these upcoming webcasts brought to you by SE AETC, Alabama AETC and the MAO Learning Center:
Webcast: Cultural Competent Care for Latinos with HIV or AIDS
Webcast: The ABCs of Hepatitis
Friday, May 26, 2016
10:00 am – 11:00 am CST
1 CEU available for social work and nursing professionals
CEU provided by MAO and accredited by the AL Board of Social Work Examiners
Speaker: Tonya Richards, NP
CLICK HERE or on the image to register!
Live/In-Person Professional Development Events:
The Hepatitis C Support Project presents
Hepatitis C Train-the-Trainer
Monday, June 5th – Birmingham
Wednesday, June 7th – Montgomery
This interactive workshop will provide participants with:
- Updated prevention, transmission, and treatment information on hepatitis C.
- Resources and education to deliver hepatitis C presentations to local communities.
- A plan of action on how to educate and support others in your community about viral hepatitis.
Course materials and other educational tools included at NO COST!
Who should attend: Health Educators, HIV Outreach Workers, Disease Intervention Specialists, Substance Abuse Counselors, Peer Counselors, Corrections and Law Enforcement, People Living with HCV, Community Outreach Workers, and other health professionals working directly with people at risk for HCV.
CEUs are approved for Social Workers. CEUs are pending for Counselors, Nurses, and CMEs.
Register by May 29th.
DOWNLOAD REGISTRATION FORM HERE!
Seating is limited! Registration is on a first-come, first-serve basis. Interested participants must Download, complete and return a registration form and send via e-mail it to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
SNAPSHOT FOR JUNE 7th WORKSHOP IN MONTGOMERY, ALABAMA
(SHARE A FLYER WITH YOUR COLLEAGUES)
Time (s): Check-in at 9:00 am. Training 9:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m
Location: Alabama Public Library Service, Tallapoosa Training Room, 6030 Monticello Drive, Montgomery, AL 36130
- HCV Diagnostic Tests
- HCV Transmission & Prevention
- HCV Symptoms,
- Disease Progression & Management
- Medical Treatment for HCV
Goals and Objectives
- Explain transmission, prevention, symptoms and treatments for HCV.
- Explain basic information regarding hepatitis C.
- Describe the various tests used in diagnosing hepatitis C.
- Contrast between acute and chronic hepatitis C and describe possible long-term liver damage.
- Identify various methods helpful in managing hepatitis C.
- Describe current medical treatments and the side effects.
- Communicate a plan of action of how to educate and support others in your community about hepatitis C.
- Learn about local resources.
Funded, in part, by unrestricted funds from Gilead Sciences and Fibrosure.