Thursday, June 20th 2019
June 20, 2019
8:00am – 3:30pm
(6.5 contact hours)
REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED! CAPACITY HAS BEEN MET.
Partial credit will not be offered. Instructions for claiming credit will be provided onsite. For questions about continuing education, contact Alexandria Andersen by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (334) 386-0857
MAO Learning Center, 2530 Fisk Road, Montgomery, Alabama
Trainer: Luciana Coleman, LPC, Program Manager, Office of Substance Abuse Treatment Services, Alabama Department of Mental Health
Learning Objectives for this training are as follows:
- Provide an overview of the requirements of clinical documentation as it relates to best practices and the administrative code.
- Practice writing a progress note that meets clinical requirements and uses best practices.
- Explain the administrative code as it relates to service plans and clinical documentation.
- Describe the components of case reviews, continuous assessment and continued stay criteria.
- 8:00am – 10:00am Overview of Clinical Documentation (2.0 contact hours)
- 10:00 – 12:00pm Common Errors Associated with Progress Notes (2.0 contact hours)
- 12:00 – 1:00 Lunch on your own
- 1:00 – 3:00 Practical Applications and Case Reviews (2.0 contact hours)
- 3:00 – 3:30 Wrap Up, Evaluation Forms and Adjourn (0.5 contact hours)
Credit Statement (s):
Medical Advocacy & Outreach has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6882. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. MAO is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
Medical Advocacy & Outreach has been approved by the Alabama Board of Social Worker Examiners as an approved Continuing Educator Provider, ACEP No. 0134.
Should you experience difficulty with the online registration process e-mail email@example.com.