Thursday, June 6th 2019
June 6, 2019
8:00am – 4:00pm
(7 contact hours)
REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED! CAPACITY HAS BEEN MET.
Partial credit will not be offered. Instructions for claiming credit will be provided onsite. For questions about continuing education, contact Alexandria Andersen by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (334) 386-0857
MAO Learning Center, 2530 Fisk Road, Montgomery, Alabama
Trainer: Luciana Coleman, LPC, Program Manager, Office of Substance Abuse Treatment Services, Alabama Department of Mental Health
Learning Objectives for this training are as follows:
- Discuss the clinical components of substance abuse service planning.
- Provide a general description of the American Society of Addiction Medicine placement tool utilized by ADMH Service Providers.
- Describe how the ASAM tool is used to develop a barrier/problem list from patient assessment information.
- Practice writing a client/patient service plan (which includes problem statements, goals, objectives and interventions) that meet the requirements of the Alabama Administrative Code (the law).
- 8:00am – 10:00am Overview of Treatment Plan Components (2.0 contact hours)
- 10:00 – 12:00pm Treatment Plan Development – Practical Skills Application: Developing Goal – Statements, Service Objectives, and Treatment Interventions (2.0 contact hours)
- 12:00 – 1:00 Lunch on your own
- 1:00 – 3:00 Making Service Plan Revisions (2.0 contact hours)
- 3:00 – 3:30 Final Reminders and Tips for Administering and Scoring (0.5 contact hours)
- 3:30 – 4:00 Wrap Up, Evaluation Forms and Adjourn (0.5 contact hours)
Credit Statement (s):
Medical Advocacy & Outreach has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6882. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. MAO is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
Medical Advocacy & Outreach has been approved by the Alabama Board of Social Worker Examiners as an approved Continuing Educator Provider, ACEP No. 0134.
Should you experience difficulty with the online registration process e-mail email@example.com.