Thursday, May 16th 2019
Understanding ASAM Criteria
Capacity for this training has been met. Registration is closed.
To inquire about registration options, waiting list, and other similar opportunities, e-mail email@example.com.
May 16, 2019
8:00am – 4:00pm
(7.0 contact hours)
Partial credit will not be offered. Instructions for claiming credit will be provided onsite. For questions about continuing education, contact Alexandria Andersen by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (334) 386-0857
MAO Learning Center, 2530 Fisk Road, Montgomery, Alabama
Trainer: Luciana Coleman, LPC, Program Manager, Office of Substance Abuse Treatment Services, Alabama Department of Mental Health
Learning Objectives for this training are as follows:
- Provide a comprehensive overview of the ASAM assessment tool and why it is used for placement in Alabama.
- Describe the ASAM dimensional categories & how they are utilized in the placement process for individuals with substance use disorders.
- Discuss how to administer and score the ASAM tool appropriately for determining the appropriate level of care for substance use disorders.
- Provide opportunities for instructional guidance to client and case based scenarios for skills based learning for assessment administering and scoring.
- 8:00am – 10:00am Overview of the ASAM Tool and Utilization (2.0 contact hours)
- 10:00 – 12:00pm ASAM Dimensions and Risk Ratings (Practical Skills Application) (2.0 contact hours)
- 12:00-1:00 Lunch on your own
- 1:00 – 3:00 Scoring and Identifying Levels of Care for Treatment (2.0 contact hours)
- 3:00 – 3:30 Final Reminders and Tips for Administering and Scoring (0.5 contact hours)
- 3:30-4:00 Wrap Up, Evaluation Forms and Adjourn (0.5 contact hours)
Credit Statement (s):
Medical Advocacy & Outreach has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6882. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. MAO is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
Medical Advocacy & Outreach has been approved by the Alabama Board of Social Worker Examiners as an approved Continuing Educator Provider, ACEP No. 0134.
Should you experience difficulty with the online registration process e-mail email@example.com.