EARLY BIRD REGISTRATION NOW OPEN. EARLY BIRD RATES WILL REMAIN AVAILABLE THROUGH DECEMBER 14th.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD SPONSORSHIP AND EXHIBITOR INFORMATION OR PAY/MAKE YOUR COMMITMENT ONLINE.
Calling all health advocates, social workers, counselors, nurses, and other providers in the U.S. South. You are invited to examine Health Equity and Social Justice in the Deep South at the 3rd annual Breaking Barriers Summit. Get the latest insights about establishing and maintaining healthy communities. Social workers, counselors, and nurses can earn 12.5 contact hours.
Sessions will include:*
- Health Disparities in the Deep South: Factors & Fixes
- HIV/AIDS in the South: Addressing Social Issues Affecting Care
- LGBT Youth: Lessons in Cultural Humility
- Update on Antiretroviral Therapy
- Health Literacy: Improving Treatment Adherence through Better Provider-Client Communication
- The Essentials of Advocacy: Becoming an Effective Voice for Support and Change
- Making a Difference: PrEP, PEP, & U=U
- Mental Health First Aid for Clients & Care Providers
- Faith & Wellness: Integrating Health & HIV Education into Communities of Faith
- Social Determinants of Women’s Health
- Social Justice & Medical Care
- Health Equity in Rural Communities: Overcoming Barriers to Care
- Integrating Behavioral Health & Medical Care
- Access to sessions for the day/days you have registered
- Onsite parking
- Discounted lodging at the Renaissance Hotel and Spa (see below)
- Full breakfast and lunch on Thursday and/or Friday
- Access to exhibitors during designated networking periods
- Conference bag with keep-sakes and convenience items
- Opportunities to enter drawings for exciting prizes
- Access to afterhours activities (to be announced)
MAKE YOUR HOTEL RESERVATION TODAY! USE THE LINKS BELOW.
Start date: 1/23/19
End date: 1/25/19
Last day to book: 1/2/19
Marriott hotel(s) offering your special group rate:
- Renaissance Montgomery Hotel & Spa at the Convention Center for 159 USD per night
Professional Development Considerations for Breaking Barriers 2019
Medical Advocacy & Outreach (MAO) is an approved NBCC Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6882, and an approved Continuing Education Provider with the Alabama Board of Social Worker Examiners, Provider No. 0134. Additional approvals are pending.
Sponsoring & Exhibiting – Doug McCloud, Health Educator & Fundraising Specialist – (334) 481-1602
Registration – Lydia Pickett, Strategic Projects Manager,Department of Capacity Building – (334) 320-5909
Public Relations & Media – Thomas Stephens, Media Relations Specialist – (334) 836-0389