Accounts Receivables (A/R) Analyst (Montgomery, Alabama)
- Type: Full Time
- Classification: Non-exempt
- Location (s): Montgomery, Alabama
- Minimum Education: Associates Degree preferred, but not required; billing and coding certifications preferred through AAPC or AHIMA.
- Job Title: Accounts Receivables (A/R) Analyst
Position Overview: This individual must be able to assist the Billing Manager with Patient Account tracking. This individual must be able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner and gather and analyze information skillfully. This position requires access to medical and social records of MAO patients. The A/R Analyst is responsible for following all appropriate billing protocols, agency policies, and procedures including HIV confidentiality, HIPAA, and OSHA regulations.
• Develop a solid understanding of MAO’s billing process in order to strategically review and analyze A/R functions.
• Prepare and analyze reports of audit reviews and performance issues with a focus on identifying trends, participate in continuous quality improvement initiatives.
• Prepare and analyze A/R reports for financial statement purposes.
• Modify processes and procedures to prevent claim rework.
• Prepares and sends statements to patients at scheduled intervals.
• Collects payment from patients at scheduled times, when needed, and as opportunities arise.
• Ability to review medical charts and write appeals to resolve denials.
• Ability to review pre-certifications, referrals, and re-submit medical records with claims.
• Ability to audit accounts to verify payments are made according to contract.
• Builds successful relationships with co-workers and patients.
• Ability to prioritize, multi-task, meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment and is self-motivated.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Associates Degree preferred, but not required.
In lieu of degree, applicable experience of three (3) or more years relating to accounts receivables and medical billing and coding.
• Strong knowledge of medical billing, third party payers, posting, and denials.
• Billing and coding certifications preferred through AAPC or AHIMA.
• Quality control auditing and analysis experience preferred.
To apply, please submit resume and cover letter to DaQuentin Davis, HR Director, at DDavis@maoi.org Questions relating to this listing may also be directed to (334) 280-3349.