Dental Assistant (Montgomery, Alabama)
- Type: Full Time
- Classification: Non-exempt
- Location (s): Montgomery, Alabama
- Minimum Education: High school graduate or equivalent; successful completion of dental assistant training program.
- Position Overview:
The Dental Assistant performs patient care and other duties necessary to assist the dentist and dental hygienist as delegated by the dental director.
• Practice under direction of doctors, dental assisting and surgical assisting as authorized by the State of Alabama Board of Dentistry.
• Meet and exceed standards of infection control as set forth in the Centers for Disease Control Guidelines for Infection Control in Dental Health –Care Settings and other applicable care directives.
• Comply with Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) regulations related to cleanliness and safe health care facility practices as set forth in OSHA standard Bloodborne Pathogens and other health care
• Takes accurate telephone messages and screens all calls and assists with disposition of problems.
• Assists in maintaining confidentiality of all dental records and documents. Requests or secures dental record and encounter form for provider; assures that encounter and other forms have complete information for
• Assists in arranging patient appointments as indicated including contacting referral dentist or physician.
• Completes patient triage including, but not limited to taking an accurate medical and dental history and recording vital signs, patient pain level and chief complaint).
• Demonstrates knowledge of dental armamentarium.
• Prepares dental operatory for patient treatment.
• Escorts and directs patient to and from treatment areas.
• Demonstrates ability to expose dental radiographs as prescribed by doctors, ensuring images are of high diagnostic quality.
• Assists dental provider with oral examination and treatment, as well as relating clear and accurate post-operative instructions.
• Sterilizes instruments after each use and keeps related equipment in proper working order.
• Maintains logs designated by Dental Director.
• Participates in all mandatory meetings and trainings.
• Performs other duties as delegated by Dental Director.
Team Citizenship Responsibilities:
• Demonstrate self-conduct in a professional manner that represents the respected image and reputation of MAO.
• Uphold practice policies and guidelines as set forth in the MAO Employee Handbook.
• Take Responsibility for performance accountability and role in achieving quality customer service, effective teamwork, and superb patient care as an upstanding comprehensive dental practice.
• Strong written and verbal communication, interpersonal, and customer-service skills.
• Ability to work independently or as part of a team in a professional health care environment.
• Able to demonstrate an understanding of the current standard of infection control protocols, OSHA guidelines, and HIPAA regulations.
• High school graduate or equivalent.
• Successful completion of dental assistant training program.
• Previous work experience that includes chairside assisting or front desk training.
• CPR certified.
To apply, please submit resume and cover letter to DaQuentin Davis, HR Director, at DDavis@maoi.org Questions relating to this listing may also be directed to (334) 280-3349.