Dental Hygienist (Montgomery, Alabama)
- Type: Full Time
- Classification: Non-exempt
- Location (s): Montgomery, Alabama
- Minimum Education: Licensure requirements for practice as a Registered Dental Hygienist in Alabama.
- Position Overview:
The Dental Hygienist renders practical dental hygiene and preventative dentistry services with the laws of the State of Alabama and performs other duties necessary to assist the Dentist as delegated by the Dental Director.
• Reviews daily hygiene schedule in advance and prepares dental treatment area for patient care by insuring the appropriate items are available and ready for use; includes maintaining equipment and reporting any
• Seek guidance from doctors and support from administrative team members as needed to enroll patient in continued care.
• Deliver treatment as prescribed by the Dentist on site and as authorized by the State of Alabama Board of Dental Examiners.
• Escorts or directs patients to and from treatment area.
• Performs initial patient in-take (including medical history, chief complaint, medications, allergies, etc.) and assists provider with exam or other procedures in accordance with HIPAA directives.
• Supports dentists in co-diagnostic protocols, including periodontal probing, recording oral condition and dental history, and exposing radiographs as prescribed.
• Ensure all dental radiographs taken are of high diagnostic quality.
• Demonstrates knowledge of instruments and equipment needed for specific dental procedures.
• Demonstrates clinical skills required to operate equipment needed for specific dental procedures.
• Clearly and competently instructs patients in preparation of x-rays or post-operative instructions, proper diet, and oral hygiene.
• Assists in maintaining confidentiality of ALL dental records and documents.
• Administers dental prophylaxis and preventive dentistry treatments (including removing deposits, accretions, and stains); competent in placement of dental sealants and fluoride treatments.
• Performs gingival curettage, root planning, scaling, and polishing.
• Administers fluoride treatments.
• Meet and exceed standards of infection control as set forth in Centers for Disease Control Guidelines for Infection Control in Dental Health-Care Settings and other applicable health care directives.
• Comply with Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA) regulations related to cleanliness and safe health care facility practices.
Team Citizenship and Responsibilities:
• Demonstrate self-conduct in a professional manner that represents the respected image and reputation of MAO.
• Uphold practice policies and guidelines as set forth in the MAO Employee Handbook.
• Take responsibility for performance accountability and role in achieving quality customer service, effective teamwork and superb patient care as an upstanding comprehensive dental practice.
• As a licensed dental hygienist, take personal responsibility for continual learning and improvement of your skills.
• Licensure requirements for practice as a Registered Dental Hygienist in Alabama.
• Current CPR BLS certification.
• Active State of Alabama Dental Hygienist License.
• Strong written and verbal communication, interpersonal, and customer-service skills.
• Ability to work independently or as part of a team in a professional health care environment.
• Able to demonstrate an understanding of the current standard of infection control protocols, OSHA guidelines, and HIPAA regulations.
To apply, please submit resume and cover letter to DaQuentin Davis, HR Director, at DDavis@maoi.org Questions relating to this listing may also be directed to (334) 280-3349.