Part Time, with the possibility of future Full Time
Degree in dentistry (D.M.D. or D.D.S) from an American Dental Association accredited institution; Licensure requirements for practice as a Dentist in Alabama; Hold a current Department of Justice AND Board of Dental Examiners of Alabama Controlled Substance Registration certificate; Current CPR BLS certification.
Previous work experience in chairside dentistry.
Team Citizenship and Responsibilities:
- Examines, properly diagnoses and creates the patient’s treatment plan.
- Obtains and records medical and dental history pertinent to obtaining diagnosis.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skill in interpreting intra-oral and panoramic radiographs.
- Treats diseases and pathologies of the hard and soft tissues of the oral cavity.
- Demonstrates specific clinical skills and understanding in Operative Dentistry, Oral Surgery, Prosthodontics, Endodontics, Periodontics and Preventative Dentistry.
- Appropriately prescribes pre and post –operative medications.
- Administers local anesthesia and analgesia as necessary.
- Provides emergency care as needed.
- Assists in maintenance of dental records, encounter forms and other related tasks.
- Documents legibly and completely in dental record.
- Performs other duties as delegated by the Dental Director or the Chief Medical Director.
- Completes necessary continuing education criteria as required by the Board of Dental Examiners of Alabama.
- Follows other policies and procedures as specified in the MAO Employee Handbook.
- Supervises assigned students and interns as they perform patient care.
- Demonstrate self-conduct in a professional manner that represents the respected image and reputation of MAO.
- Uphold practice policies and guidelines as set forth in the MAO Employee Handbook.
- Take responsibility for performance accountability and role in achieving quality customer service, effective teamwork and superb patient care as an upstanding comprehensive dental practice.
- As a licensed dentist, take personal responsibility for continual learning and improvement of your skills.
Education, Training and Experience Required:
- Active State of Alabama Dental License
- Strong written and verbal communication, interpersonal, and customer-service skills.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team in a professional health care environment.
- Able to demonstrate an understanding of the current standard of infection control protocols, OSHA guidelines, and HIPAA regulations.
- Holds a degree in dentistry (D.M.D. or D.D.S) from an American Dental Association accredited institution.
- Licensure requirements for practice as a Dentist in Alabama.
- Holds a current Department of Justice AND Board of Dental Examiners of Alabama Controlled Substance Registration certificate.
- Previous work experience in chairside dentistry
- Current CPR BLS certification.
OSHA Rating; High Risk
Physical Requirements: Combination of sitting, standing, walking, bending, speaking and listening on a regular basis.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Needed:
- Must be able to read, write , speak and understand the English Language
- Must be of good report, responsible professional in mannerisms and confidentiality
- Ability to deal effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
How to apply
To apply, please submit resume and cover letter to DaQuentin Davis, HR Director, at DDavis@maoi.org
Questions relating to this listing may also be directed to (334) 280-3349.