Fiscal Clerk (Montgomery, Alabama)
- Type: Full Time
- Classification: Non-exempt
- Montgomery, Alabama
- Minimum Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
- Division: Fiscal
Job Position Reports To: Chief Financial Officer
• Matches invoices, receiving reports and other requests for payment with purchase order or contract documents; ensures proper authorization and compliance with fiscal policies and procedures.
• Inputs information in the accounting software and/or manually prepare forms to produce payments; reconciles and prepares payment requests for non-purchase order expenditures such as utility and contract payments.
• Provides information to vendors, customers, appropriate staff regarding account balances, invoices and purchase orders.
• Assists with the production of various periodic billings; receives checks by mail and processes and balances accordingly.
• Processes returned checks, conveys to proper person to effect collection and make appropriate entries to files and/or ledgers.
• Posts information to ledgers, journals and reports; prepares fund transfers between accounts.
• Processes centralized payroll records and documentation; may assist in processing payments to various insurance carriers, deferred compensation and other employee deductions.
• May assist with departmental payroll record keeping, cost accounting, and budget preparation by posting information, typing materials or totaling figures.
• Processes employee travel arrangements in accordance with MAO’s rules and regulations.
• Performs a variety of general office support duties such as typing, proofreading, filing, answering the telephone and preparing periodic and special reports.
• All other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Computer skills; PC literacy in Excel, Word, Adobe, Access, PowerPoint.
• Ability to prioritize needs and plan work assignments according to deadlines internally and outside of the agency.
• Ability to communicate effectively and maintain working relationships with people from diverse ethnocultural backgrounds in the area of management, clientele, funders and community members.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, flexibility and ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary team.
• Ability to lift and carry a minimum of 30 pounds; ability to walk between office buildings; ability to see details at a close range; ability to sit at desk or PC for long periods of time; ability to work in an office setting.
• 5+ years of work related experience with grant and fund accounting highly preferred.
• Experience with fund accounting software programs; use of MIP Fund Accounting is highly preferred.
To apply, please submit resume and cover letter to DaQuentin Davis, HR Director, at DDavis@maoi.org Questions relating to this listing may also be directed to (334) 280-3349.