Front Office Assistant
Published: January 31, 2018
Essential duties include providing excellent customer/patient services via phone and in person; referring callers to the appropriate departments; making appointments for patients according to established Center protocols; assisting patients/clients with forms. The position is considered a crucial link between the patient and the care delivered by clinical and service staff of the center. The incumbent must work collaboratively with all Clinical & Dental services staff in support of direct patient services, exhibiting flexibility and a “can do” attitude. Patient services are the key priority in this position requiring the Front Office Assistant to serve as a point of contact with other internal and external departments, all with the goal of fostering an environment which promotes patient comfort and trust. The position must exemplify the core values and mission of the organization, always exercising utmost discretion, diplomacy and tact in patient/staff interactions. The Front Office Assistant will follow all clinical protocols, agency policies and procedures to include confidentiality, HIPPA, and OSHA to include adherence to State of Alabama regulations. Access to clinical records and data is required for position performance.
High school diploma or equivalent
Minimum one year medical and/or dental office experience; previous EPM/EMR experience preferred.
- Welcome patients as they contact the center personally or by telephone.
- Answer all incoming calls and route them to the appropriate staff.
- Proactively serve as a patient advocate by utilizing courteous and professional telephone etiquette at all times by answering the telephone promptly, reflecting a positive tone and speaking distinctly with poise, tact, and assurance.
- Schedule patient appointments accurately and timely.
- Check-In all patients per registration protocol, collect all documentation and scan it into the EMR system.
- Update patient demographic information upon each visit.
- Collects deposits or co-pays/deductibles prior to the patient being seen by the provider per established policies and procedures. Inform patient of their outstanding balance, collect said balance, and issue cash receipt when monies are collected.
- Check all patients out of the EMR at the end of every visit.
- Send clinical and social work staff messages through the Clinical Console Module or written.
- Complete HIPPA forms yearly on each patient.
- Work closely with Medical, Dental and Nursing staff to assure smooth patient flow and cut down on waiting time.
- Call and remind patient of his/her appointment.
- Follow up on “no show” patients on a daily basis.
- Complete authorization for Services forms and appointment reminders on each visit.
- Maintains patient waiting areas, office files, and front-desk areas in a manner that is organized and neat.
- Fulfill authorized Medical Records request according to Clinic policy.
- Protects patients' rights by maintaining confidentiality of personal and financial information.
- Participates in staff and clinic meetings.
- Performs any other department or agency related duties as assigned by Management.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum one year medical and/or dental office experience.
- Computer skills.
- Previous EPM/EMR experience preferred.
- Ability to function cooperatively within a multidisciplinary team.
How to apply
To apply, please submit resume and cover letter to DaQuentin Davis, HR Director, at DDavis@maoi.org
Questions relating to this listing may also be directed to (334) 280-3349.