Information Technology (IT) Support Specialist (Dothan, Alabama)
- Type: Full Time
- Classification: Non-exempt
- Location (s): Dothan, Alabama
- Minimum Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
- Position Overview:
The Information Technology (IT) Support Specialist's role is to ensure proper computer operations so that end users can accomplish organizational tasks. This includes receiving, prioritizing, documenting and actively resolving end user help requests. Problem resolution may involve the use of diagnostics and help request tracking tools, as well as require that the individual give hands-on help at the desktop level.
• Field incoming help requests from end users via both telephone and work orders in a courteous manner.
• Document all pertinent end user identification information, including name, department, contact information, and nature of problem or issue.
• Build rapport and elicit problem details from staff.
• Prioritize and schedule problems. Escalate problems (when required) to the IT Director.
• Record, track, and document the help desk request problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken, through to the final resolution.
• Apply diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting.
• Access software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and frequently asked questions resources on the Internet to aid in problem resolution.
• Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organization.
• Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications.
• Test fixes to ensure problem has been adequately resolved.
• High School diploma or equivalent, and/or 2 years work experience in related field required.
• Knowledge of basic computer hardware.
• Experience with desktop operating systems including Windows XP and Mac OS X.
• Extensive application support experience.
• Working knowledge of a range of diagnostic utilities.
• Good understanding of the organization's goals and objectives.
• Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening, and questioning skills.
• Strong documentation skills.
• Ability to conduct research into a wide range of computing issues as required.
• Ability to absorb and retain information quickly.
• Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
• Highly self-motivated and directed.
• Keen attention to detail.
• Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Exceptional customer service orientation.
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
To apply, please submit resume and cover letter to DaQuentin Davis, HR Director, at DDavis@maoi.org Questions relating to this listing may also be directed to (334) 280-3349.