Lab Assistant (Montgomery)
Published: September 26, 2018
High school diploma or equivalent; Medical Assistant and Phlebotomist Certification; BCLS certification
Minimum one year clinical experience.
- Assists nursing staff as assigned.
- Prepares and maintains examination and treatment areas.
- Will provide accurate, appropriate, and concise documentation in the EMR timely per the agency policy. May document patients complaints, vital signs, and other information as delegated in the EMR upon completion of training.
- Prepares and maintains examination and treatment areas to include stocking clinic supplies.
- Obtains patient history and vital signs for Provider visit .Administers injections and TB skin test as ordered after appropriate training.
- May assist Licensed Medical Staff with medication administration.
- Proper collection of laboratory specimens to include but not limited to venipuncture and urine. Adhering to directions of lab collection and OSHA guidelines.
- Performs CLIA waived testing after appropriate training for example: Urine dips, quick streps, pregnancy and flu tests as ordered after appropriate training.
- Completes appropriate lab slips and documentation in lab logs and patient record; files lab reports in medical charts.
- Reports patient care information to Clinical Management Team timely.
- Assists in taking and documenting patient telephone calls, and adhere to the EMR policy and procedure.
- Maintain clean, orderly and safe clinic environment to include clinic supplies and equipment.
- Participates in staff and clinic meetings.
- May serve on quality improvement project teams.
- Maintain Continuing Education Units as required to maintain appropriate license.
- Proactively serve as a patient advocate by utilizing courteous and professional telephone etiquette at all times by answering the telephone promptly, reflecting a positive tone and speaking distinctly with poise, tact, and assurance.
- Schedule patient appointments accurately and timely; collect co-payments and scan all insurance information into the EMR system.
- All patients must be checked out of the EMR at the end of every visit.
- Update patient demographic information upon each visit.
- Messages for clinical and social work staff should be sent through the Clinical Console Module or written.
- HIPPA forms must be completed yearly on each patient.
- Complete authorization for Services forms and appointment reminders on each visit.
- Performs any other department or agency related duties as assigned by Management.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Medical Assistant and Phlebotomist Certification
- Minimum one year clinical experience
- Computer skills
- BCLS certification
- Previous EMR experience preferred
- Ability to function cooperatively within a multidisciplinary team
How to apply
To apply, please submit resume and cover letter to DaQuentin Davis, HR Director, at DDavis@maoi.org
Questions relating to this listing may also be directed to (334) 280-3349.