Licensed Practical Nurse (Montgomery, Alabama)
- Type: Full Time
- Classification: Non-exempt
- Location (s): Montgomery, Alabama
- Minimum Education: Licensed Practical Nursing Degree
- Position Overview:
The LPN provides patient care under the direction and supervision of the Clinic Coordinator and Clinic Director. The LPN works collaboratively with the multidisciplinary health team. The LPN is responsible for following all clinical protocols and agency policies and procedures including HIV confidentiality, HIPAA and OSHA regulations to include adherence to the State of Alabama regulations. In state travel to rural clinics is required. Access to clinical records and data is required for position performance.
• Collects appropriate data, and documentation as required timely.
• May participate in community programs and outreach services regarding Health Care Services provides by MAO.
• Will follow agency protocol on medication administration per Medical provider order, with complete accurate documentation in the EMR.
• Provide appropriate patient care to include nursing assessment, injections, treatment plans, education, and adherence within LPN scope of practice for the State of Alabama.
• Will provide accurate, appropriate, and concise documentation in the EMR timely per the agency policy.
• Proper collection of laboratory specimens to include, but not limited to, venipuncture and urine. Adhering to directions of lab collection and OSHA guidelines.
• Proper use of P.P.E. at all times.
• Assists to provide triage of patient’s timely using nursing assessment to include walk ins and telephone calls. Reports and documents all telephone calls to appropriate medical provider or nursing supervisor.
• Return all calls or messages received timely by the end of business each day.
• Makes patient referrals as ordered by Providers.
• Maintain accurate patient records to include tracking, Alabama Drug Assisting Program and others.
• Will collaborate care with a multi-disciplinary team to include Social Services, may include medication access programs.
• Maintain clean, orderly and safe clinic environment to include clinic supplies and equipment.
• Participates in clinical meetings as directed.
• May serve on quality improvement project teams.
• Maintain Continuing Education Units as required by the Alabama Board of Nursing.
• Performs any other department or agency related duties as assigned by Management.
• Current Alabama LPN Licensure.
• Current CPR Certification.
• Minimum of five year clinical experience to include venipuncture skill.
• BCLS Certification.
• Computer skills.
• Ability to function cooperatively within a multidisciplinary team.
• Requires an individual who is able to work independently as well as accept supervision.
• Dependable transportation and a current Alabama Driver’s License is required.
To apply, please submit resume and cover letter to DaQuentin Davis, HR Director, at DDavis@maoi.org Questions relating to this listing may also be directed to (334) 280-3349.