Nurse Practitioner is responsible for the provision of Primary Medical Care to patients in MAO/Copeland Care Clinic and Rural Clinic sites as needed. This care is according to Copeland Care Clinic policies, procedures and protocols with the collaboration of the Medical Director and/or Staff Physicians. This position may require in and out of state travel. This position may consult with other providers in the provision of patient care. This position has unlimited access to all PHI.
Masters of Science in Nursing; active licensure/certifications as a Registered Nurse Practitioner State of Alabama, BLS, American Academy of Nurse Practitioners, American Nurses Credentialing Center.
Appropriate to service delivery.
- Provide Direct Medical Care to patients under the direction of the collaborating physician as required by the Alabama Board of Nursing.
- Direct Supervision of MAO-Atmore Nursing and Medical support staff for Atmore Nurse Practitioner.
- Participates in provider meetings, interdisciplinary team meetings, patient staffings and administrative activities as necessary.
- Participates in periodic review of practice management with CEO, Medical Director, Staff Physicians and Supervisory Staff.
- Works directly with nursing staff regarding daily schedule.
- Works directly with the CQI Coordinator to implement and monitor Quality Assurance projects.
- Provide information concerning Clinical Management of patients to referring providers.
- Participation in Staff Development programs.
- Maintain current knowledge of HIV/AIDS treatment guidelines and protocols.
- Administrative role as required.
- Perform any other department or agency related duties or special projects as directed by supervisor.
- Documents patient care referrals, patient correspondence and interaction in EMR in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Maintain all appropriate collaborating documents and requirements of the Alabama Board of Nursing and the Nurse Practitioner collaborative agreement.
- Masters of Science in Nursing.
- Licensure/Certifications: Registered Nurse Practitioner State of Alabama, BLS, American Academy of Nurse Practitioners, American Nurses Credentialing Center.
- Professional liability insurance.
- Hospital admitting privileges optional.
- Collaborative agreement with appropriate physician(s) as required by the Alabama State Board of Nursing.
How to apply
To apply, please submit resume and cover letter to DaQuentin Davis, HR Director, at DDavis@maoi.org
Questions relating to this listing may also be directed to (334) 280-3349.