High School Diploma or equivalent; Licensed and in good standing with the Alabama Board of Pharmacy.
Two (2)+ years of experience in retail or outpatient hospital pharmacy; Experience in specialty pharmacy setting preferred.
- Perform all functions and duties of a pharmacy representative to ensure proper service in the pharmacy department. Accept customer and prescription information required to process new and refill prescriptions.
- Correctly prepare prescriptions in a timely manner including accurate data entry, product selection and order fulfillment.
- Maintain, purchase and organize inventory supply in a manner which minimizes inventory storage cost, wastage, and out of stocks/overstock.
- Return and credit usable stock to inventory upon discontinuation of an order.
- Track wasted and expired medications and discard appropriately.
- Assists co-workers in stocking medication shelves or other areas of the pharmacy with shipments received from vendors.
- Clean equipment and work areas as required.
- Ensure outstanding claims are paid in a timely manner.
- Answer the telephone promptly and courteously.
- Comply with all Alabama BOP laws and regulations.
- Running cash register, handling money, closing cash at close of business.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations.
- Maintains patient confidentiality at all times in accordance with HIPAA regulations.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Licensed and in good standing with the Alabama Board of Pharmacy.
- PTCB National Certification preferred.
- 2+ years of experience in retail or outpatient hospital pharmacy.
- Experience in specialty pharmacy setting preferred.
- Computer proficient.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Self-directed with excellent time management skills and ability to work independently.
- Ability to follow directions, and focus on tasks at hand.
- Maintains a flexible work schedule to meet various demands of programs of the Clinic.
- This position may be exposed to virus, disease and infection from patients in working environment.
- Employee may regularly have to lift up to 30 pounds.
How to apply
To apply, please submit resume and cover letter to DaQuentin Davis, HR Director, at DDavis@maoi.org
Questions relating to this listing may also be directed to (334) 280-3349.