Pharmacy Technician (Montgomery, Alabama)
- Type: Full Time
- Classification: Non-exempt
- Location (s): Montgomery, Alabama
- Minimum Education: High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Department: Pharmacy
Job Position Reports To: Director of Pharmacy Services
Montgomery AIDS Outreach, Inc., D.B.A. Medical Advocacy & Outreach (MAO), is hiring Pharmacy Technicians responsible for providing safe and appropriate pharmacy services to patients, under the direct supervision of a licensed pharmacist, using the policies and procedures of MAO, pharmacy practice professional standards, and applicable regulatory entities.
• Perform all functions and duties of a pharmacy representative to ensure proper service in the pharmacy department. Accept customer and prescription information required to process new and refill prescriptions.
• Correctly prepare prescriptions in a timely manner including accurate data entry, product selection and order fulfillment.
• Maintain, purchase and organize inventory supply in a manner which minimizes inventory storage cost, wastage, and out of stocks/overstock.
• Return and credit usable stock to inventory upon discontinuation of an order.
• Track wasted and expired medications and discard appropriately.
• Assists co-workers in stocking medication shelves or other areas of the pharmacy with shipments received from vendors.
• Clean equipment and work areas as required.
• Ensure outstanding claims are paid in a timely manner.
• Answer the telephone promptly and courteously.
• Comply with all Alabama BOP laws and regulations.
• Running cash register, handling money, closing cash at close of business.
• Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations.
• Maintains patient confidentiality at all times in accordance with HIPAA regulations.
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• Licensed and in good standing with the Alabama Board of Pharmacy.
• PTCB National Certification preferred.
• Two or more years of experience in retail or outpatient hospital pharmacy.
• Experience in specialty pharmacy setting preferred.
• Computer proficient.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Self-directed with excellent time management skills and ability to work independently.
• Ability to follow directions, and focus on tasks at hand.
Physical Demands/Work Conditions:
• Maintains a flexible work schedule to meet various demands of programs of the Clinic.
• This position may be exposed to virus, disease and infection from patients in working environment.
• Employee may regularly have to lift up to 30 pounds.
To apply, please submit resume and cover letter to DaQuentin Davis, HR Director, at DDavis@maoi.org Questions relating to this listing may also be directed to (334) 280-3349.