Phlebotomist (Dothan, Alabama)
- Type: Full Time
- Classification: Non-exempt
- Location (s): Dothan, Alabama
- Minimum Education: High school diploma or equivalent; CMA eligible
- Department: Copeland Care
Position Reports To: Lab Manager
Job Titles Reporting To This Position: None
The phlebotomist is responsible for collecting and processing laboratory specimens accurately and efficiently. The phlebotomist is a part of a multidisciplinary team and must have excellent communication skills written and oral to provide above standard of care for clients of MAO/CCC. The phlebotomist will have unlimited access to PHI and will maintain the confidentiality of patients and consumers served.
• Collect laboratory specimens as ordered by clinician.
• Appropriately label and provide requisitions for all specimens.
• Verifies test orders by comparing information to orders as recorded in the Electronic Medical Record (EMR) and paper instructions accurately.
• Obtain specimens by performing but not limited to venipunctures, finger sticks, urine, oral and other body fluids as needed accurately and efficiently.
• Document all laboratory services performed accurately and efficiently as performed.
• Record all results confirm uploaded and reported in EMR.
• Processes lab specimens for transport appropriately.
• Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
• Reports and resolves all abnormal lab values to appropriate nurse and provider within the hour or report to include documentation in EMR. Will notify supervisor of all unresolved reports.
• Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures; complying with OSHA, Clinical Guidelines and Policy and Procedures.
• Travel as assigned.
• Assist with patient reminders and document as assigned.
• Maintain lab logs to include but not limited to refrigerator temperature and supply logs.
• Maintains knowledge of computer system.
• Provider excellent customer service.
• High School Diploma.
• Phlebotomy experience and training.
• CMA eligible.
• Computer proficiency to include Word and telephone operating system.
• Must work well without supervision and function independently as a part of a multi-disciplinary team.
• Maintains knowledge of HIV/AIDS through current trend and in-service programs as provided by MAO.
• Effective communication skills both oral and written.
• Valid driver’s license and auto insurance.
To apply, please submit resume and cover letter to DaQuentin Davis, HR Director, at DDavis@maoi.org Questions relating to this listing may also be directed to (334) 280-3349.