The phlebotomist is responsible for collecting and processing laboratory specimens accurately and efficiently. The phlebotomist is a part of a multidisciplinary team and must have excellent communication skills written and oral to provide above standard of care for clients of MAO/CCC. The phlebotomist will have unlimited access to PHI and will maintain the confidentiality of patients and consumers served.
High school diploma, or equivalent, and Phlebotomy experience and training. CMA eligible.
Practical Phlebotomy experience.
- Collect laboratory specimens as ordered by clinician
- Appropriately label and provide requisitions for all specimens
- Verifies test orders by comparing information to orders as recorded in the Electronic Medical Record (EMR) and paper instructions accurately
- Obtain specimens by performing but not limited to venipunctures, finger sticks, urine, oral and other body fluids as needed accurately and efficiently
- Document all laboratory services performed accurately and efficiently as performed
- Record all results confirm uploaded and reported in EMR
- Processes lab specimens for transport appropriately
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
- Reports and resolves all abnormal lab values to appropriate nurse and provider within the hour or report to include documentation in EMR. Will notify supervisor of all unresolved reports
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures; complying with OSHA, Clinical Guidelines and Policy and Procedures
- Travel as assigned
- Assist with patient reminders and document as assigned
- Maintain lab logs to include but not limited to refrigerator temperature and supply logs
- Maintains knowledge of computer system
- Provider excellent customer service
- High School Diploma
- Phlebotomy experience and training
- CMA eligible
- Computer proficiency to include Word and telephone operating system
- Must work well without supervision and function independently as a part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Maintains knowledge of HIV/AIDS through current trend and in-service programs as provided by MAO
- Effective communication skills both oral and written
- Valid driver’s license and auto insurance
How to apply
To apply, please submit resume and cover letter to DaQuentin Davis, HR Director, at DDavis@maoi.org
Questions relating to this listing may also be directed to (334) 280-3349.