Risk Reduction Specialist
Published: November 30, 2017
High school diploma or equivalent
2 years experience in an HIV-related field
- Provide Pre and Post Test Education and Counseling for the HIV antibody test.
- Administer non-invasive HIV tests and complete pertinent paperwork.
- Conducts HIV counseling in a testing environment in accordance with agency and state protocols.
- Maintain strong knowledge of available services to include Ryan White Part B, AIDS Drug Assistance Program, and Alabama Insurance Assistance Program.
- Works with the Social Work Division to conduct individual discussions with clients as well as identifying potential candidates for referral to other divisions for additional services.
- Promotes client participation in the healthcare continuum through face-to-face encounters, telephone interactions, text messages, and any other future engagement techniques as needed.
- Utilizes emergency risk reduction strategies in a medical setting.
- Maintains required client records, scans required client documents, and completes required paperwork.
- Informs clients about substance use, HIV, STD, Hepatitis, and safer sex practices.
- Reports monthly benchmarks related to testing activities within the clinic to Division Manager of Community Outreach.
- Ensures new clients receive welcome packets during their initial assessment.
- Occasionally meet with high-risk clients outside of the office to complete assessments and / or monitor client progress toward agreed upon objectives.
- Monitor consumer’s participation upon reconnecting consumer with care and their needs as identified with emphasis on high risk consumers.
- Complete walk-in and/or telephone intakes with all new clients for all MAO locations as the initial step in the engagement process to include occasional on-call and weekend intakes as well.
- Strong ability to interact with diverse groups and cultures.
- Assists with follow up of services including linkage to care.
- Maintains compliance with HIPPA and state guidelines as well as MAO policy and procedure.
- As with all other positions, during emergencies, the Risk Reduction Specialist is expected to fill in at any position within the agency for which he / she is capable of performing.
- Performs any other department / agency related duties or special projects as directed by supervisor.
- Must have a high school diploma with a minimum of 2 years experience in an HIV-related field.
- Must confirm effective auto-insurance coverage and driver’s license if utilizing a vehicle for work related reasons.
- Knowledge of medical coding and lab tests such as CD4 and viral load strongly preferred.
- Experience working in a clinical setting strongly preferred.
How to apply
To apply, please submit resume and cover letter to DaQuentin Davis, HR Director, at DDavis@maoi.org.
Questions relating to this listing may also be directed to (334) 280-3349.