High school diploma or equivalent
Appropriate to service delivery; experience working in a clinical setting strongly preferred.
- Provide Pre and Post Test Education and Counseling for the HIV antibody test Hepatitis C screening test and STI Testing.
- Administer OraQuick non-invasive HIV tests, Hepatitis C Quick Test and complete pertinent paperwork.
- Conducts HIV counseling in a testing environment in accordance with agency and state protocols.
- Maintain strong knowledge of available services to include Ryan White Part B, AIDS Drug Assistance Program, and Alabama Insurance Assistance Program.
- Works with the Social Work Division to conduct individual discussions with clients as well as identifying potential candidates for referral to other divisions for additional services.
- Works with the Community Outreach Division to schedule initial intake assessments, as needed.
- Promotes client participation in the healthcare continuum through face-to-face encounters, telephone interactions, text messages, and any other future engagement techniques as needed.
- Utilizes emergency risk reduction strategies in a medical setting.
- Maintains required client records, scans required client documents, and completes other required paperwork.
- Informs clients about substance use, HIV, STD, Hepatitis, and safer sex practices.
- Reports monthly benchmarks related to testing activities within the clinic to Division Manager of Consumer Planning.
- Works with the MAO Department of Education in administering HIV testing services at off-site events such as health fairs and seminars, as needed.
- Strong ability to interact with diverse groups and cultures.
- Assists with follow up of services including linkage to care.
- Maintains compliance with HIPPA and state guidelines as well as MAO policy and procedure.
- As with all other positions, during emergencies, the Risk Reduction Specialist is expected to fill in at any position within the agency for which he / she is capable of performing.
- Performs any other department / agency related duties or special projects as directed by supervisor.
- Must have a high school diploma with a minimum of 2 years’ experience in HIV related field.
- Must confirm effective auto-insurance coverage and driver’s license if utilizing a vehicle for work related reasons.
- Knowledge of medical coding and lab tests such as CD4 and viral load strongly preferred.
- Experience working in a clinical setting strongly preferred.
- This position requires an individual who is self-motivated and able to independently complete assigned responsibilities. Moreover, this individual must also be able to accept proper supervision and work cooperatively with clients, peers, and other professionals.
How to apply
To apply, please submit resume and cover letter to DaQuentin Davis, HR Director, at DDavis@maoi.org.
Questions relating to this listing may also be directed to (334) 280-3349.