Staff Pharmacist (Montgomery, Alabama)
- Type: Part Time
- Classification: Non-exempt
- Location (s): Montgomery, Alabama
- Minimum Education: Doctor of Pharmacy degree in Pharmacy from an accredited School of Pharmacy.
- Department: Pharmacy
Position Reports To: Director of Pharmacy Services
Montgomery AIDS Outreach, Inc., D.B.A. Medical Advocacy & Outreach (MAO), is hiring a PRN Pharmacist responsible for providing safe and appropriate pharmacy services to patients in accordance with the policies and procedures of MAO, pharmacy practice professional standards, and applicable regulatory entities.
• Maintain standards set by the department and translates policies and procedures into the daily operation of the pharmacy.
• Prepare and dispense medications using appropriate techniques and following company policies and procedures, standards of practice, and regulatory guidelines.
• Ensure proper handling, usage, and storage of drugs in the pharmacy.
• Work collaboratively with other healthcare professionals.
• Act as an information resource to patients, physicians, nurses, and other healthcare professionals regarding medication therapy and drug-related information and literature.
• Provide clinical pharmacy services as needed.
• Administer immunizations, review patient profiles for immunization qualification and make that recommendation to the patient and provider.
• Utilize critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
• Manage time effectively to fulfill practice responsibilities.
• Maximize work efficiency through the use of computers and other technologies.
• Maintain a professional image at all times.
• Provide excellent internal and external customer service.
• Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations.
• Maintains patient confidentiality at all times in accordance with HIPAA regulations.
• Doctor of Pharmacy degree in Pharmacy from an accredited School of Pharmacy.
• Licensed and in good standing with the Alabama Board of Pharmacy.
• Knowledge of basic pharmaceutical calculations.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, flexibility and ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
• Self-directed with excellent time management skills and ability to work independently.
• Ability to work under stressful conditions and under time constraints.
• Credentialing through the American Academy of HIV Medicine strongly encouraged.
Physical Demands/Work Conditions:
• Maintains a flexible work schedule to meet various demands of programs of the Clinic.
• This position may be exposed to virus, disease and infection from patients in working environment.
• Employee may regularly have to lift up to 30 pounds.
To apply, please submit resume and cover letter to DaQuentin Davis, HR Director, at DDavis@maoi.org Questions relating to this listing may also be directed to (334) 280-3349.