Published: May 5, 2018
Doctor of Pharmacy degree in Pharmacy from an accredited School of Pharmacy; licensed and in good standing with the Alabama Board of Pharmacy.
- Maintain standards set by the department and translates policies and procedures into the daily operation of the pharmacy.
- Prepare and dispense medications using appropriate techniques and following company policies and procedures, standards of practice, and regulatory guidelines.
- Ensure proper handling, usage, and storage of drugs in the pharmacy.
- Work collaboratively with other healthcare professionals.
- Act as an information resource to patients, physicians, nurses, and other healthcare professionals regarding medication therapy and drug-related information and literature.
- Provide clinical pharmacy services as needed.
- Administer immunizations, review patient profiles for immunization qualification and make that recommendation to the patient and provider.
- Utilize critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Manage time effectively to fulfill practice responsibilities.
- Maximize work efficiency through the use of computers and other technologies.
- Maintain a professional image at all times.
- Provide excellent internal and external customer service.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations.
- Maintains patient confidentiality at all times in accordance with HIPAA regulations.
- Doctor of Pharmacy degree in Pharmacy from an accredited School of Pharmacy.
- Licensed and in good standing with the Alabama Board of Pharmacy.
- Knowledge of basic pharmaceutical calculations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, flexibility and ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Self-directed with excellent time management skills and ability to work independently.
- Ability to work under stressful conditions and under time constraints.
- Credentialing through the American Academy of HIV Medicine strongly encouraged.
How to apply
To apply, please submit resume and cover letter to DaQuentin Davis, HR Director, at DDavis@maoi.org
Questions relating to this listing may also be directed to (334) 280-3349.