Published: August 30, 2018
Staff Physician is responsible for the provision of Primary Medical Care to patients according to Copeland Care Clinic policies, procedures and protocols. May require in/out of state travel. This position is responsible for providing medical consultation to other providers. This position has unlimited access to all PHI
Graduation from an accredited medical school.
Considerable progressive experience as a practicing physician and extensive knowledge of HIV/AIDS.
- Provide direct medical care to patients using appropriate standard of care.
- Work collaboratively with other providers, nursing and medical support staff to provide excellent team based care.
- Attend and participate in provider meetings, interdisciplinary team meetings, CQI meetings, patient staffings and administrative activities as necessary.
- Participate in periodic review of practice management with CEO, Medical Director and Supervisory Staff.
- Works directly with Clinic Coordinator regarding daily schedule.
- Works directly with the CQI Coordinator to implement and monitor Quality Assurance projects.
- Provide consultation concerning clinical management of patient to referring providers.
- Participation in staff development programs.
- Maintain current knowledge of HIV/AIDS treatment guidelines and protocols.
- Perform any other department or agency related duties or special projects as directed by supervisor.
- Perform timely and appropriate documentation in the EMR or as directed of patient care, referrals, patient correspondence, and interaction.
- Graduation from an accredited medical school.
- Current licensure in the State of Alabama to practice medicine.
- Considerable progressive experience as a practicing physician and extensive knowledge of HIV/AIDS.
- Professional liability insurance.
- Hospital admitting privileges optional.
How to apply
To apply, please submit resume and cover letter to DaQuentin Davis, HR Director, at
Questions relating to this listing may also be directed to (334) 280-3349.