Telemedicine Nurse Manager (Montgomery, Alabama)
- Type: Full Time
- Classification: Exempt
- Location (s): Montgomery, Alabama, some in-state travel required.
- Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree preferred; current licensure in the State of Alabama as a Registered Nurse; Eff; BCLS certification.
- Department: Clinic.
Position Reports To: Clinic Director.
Job Titles Reporting to this Position: None.
The Telemedicine Nurse Manager will assist with the implementation and management of the Alabama e-Health Telemedicine Center associated with Montgomery AIDS Outreach, Inc., D.B.A. Medical Advocacy & Outreach (MAO). The Telemedicine Nurse Manager will work with IT department and Electronic Medical Records scheduler to provide daily overview and management of all telemedicine sites. The Telemedicine Nurse Manager will also work with the Alabama Department of Public Health Telemedicine division to help facilitate implantation and management of sites within the Medical Advocacy & Outreach (MAO) service area. The Telemedicine Nurse Manager will provide training to clinical staff at least annually and as needed.
The Telemedicine Nurse Manager must have strong communication skills, detail oriented, able to multitask, appropriate delegation skills and committed to the growth of MAO Telemedicine infrastructure. This position will report to Director of Clinical Services and work with clinical staff. The Telemedicine Nurse Manager must be able to travel in and out state; some grant writing participation may be needed. The Telemedicine Nurse Manager will follow all clinical protocols, agency policies and procedures to include confidentiality, HIPAA, and OSHA and adherence to State of Alabama regulations. In state travel to rural clinics is required. Access to clinical records and data is required for position performance.
• Coordinates and manages the Telemedicine clinical sites for MAO.
• Works with IT department manager for scheduling and resolution of technical problems.
• Coordinates use of Telemedicine equipment.
• Facilitate instruction and training to clinical staff on proper use on Telemedicine equipment.
• Provides spreadsheets weekly or more often in coordination with ADPH and MAO schedules.
• Monitor daily telemedicine schedule to ensure equipment availability.
• Collects appropriate data, and documentation as required timely.
• Serve as clinical liaison in community/ outreach programs for Telemedicine(may include public speaking).
• Adherence to all agency protocols clinical and administrative with accurate appropriate documentation.
• Provide appropriate documentation in Electronic Medical Record to include nursing assessment, injections, treatment plans, education, and adherence within nursing scope of practice for the State of Alabama.
• May work as clinical nurse in this capacity and will adhere to nursing role and job duties accordingly.
• Proper collection of laboratory specimens to include but not limited to venipuncture and urine. Adhering to directions of lab collection and OSHA guidelines as needed when working as clinical nurse.
• Proper use of P.P.E. at all times during function as clinical nurse.
• Assists to provide triage of patient’s timely using nursing assessment Reports and documents all telephone calls to appropriate medical provider in role as clinical nurse.
• Will collaborate care with a multi-disciplinary team.
• Maintain clean, orderly and safe clinic environment to include clinic supplies and equipment.
• Participates in clinical meetings.
• Will serve on quality improvement project teams as assigned.
• Maintain Continuing Education Units as required by the Alabama Board of Nursing.
• Performs any other department or agency related duties as assigned by Management.
• Current licensure in the State of Alabama as a Registered Nurse.
• Bachelor's degree diploma preferred.
• Minimum of five year clinical experience to include management.
• BCLS certification.
• Ability to work independently while accepting appropriate supervision.
• Proficient in Electronic Medical Record documentation and use.
• Must have strong and effective communication skills to include assistance in grant writing opportunities for current and future projects.
• Requires efficient data collection to disseminate to other clinical departments.
• Ability to function cooperatively within a multidisciplinary team.
• Dependable transportation and a current Alabama Driver’s License required.
To apply, please submit resume and cover letter to DaQuentin Davis, HR Director, at DDavis@maoi.org Questions relating to this listing may also be directed to (334) 280-3349.