If you’ve just tested positive for HIV, don’t worry – MAO staff will assist you every step of the way. You will need to bring a few things with you to your first appointment, but if you can’t find one of these items – don’t worry. We will assist you in getting what you need to begin care with MAO.
What to bring:
- Proof of HIV status (confirmatory test)
- proof of address (utility bill, rental agreement, or similar item mailed to your address)
- proof of income (paycheck stub, W-2 form, benefit verification letter, etc.)
- insurance card (if you have one)
- photo ID
- Medical records from previous care providers (if you have them)
- List of current medications
A social worker will assist you in completing all necessary paperwork. This will help us determine what benefits you qualify for, and what resources are available to you.
Once you have met with your social worker, you will get a chance to meet with your nurse and primary care provider.
We are here for you!
Please feel free to ask any questions you think of throughout this process. Our goal is to help you get the resources you need to stay well. Once you’ve met with your provider, you will need to have labs drawn.
Your entire first appointment will take about two hours, but follow-up appointments will be much quicker. At the end of your first appointment, you will have a prescription or medication in hand and a plan to stay healthy.
To make an appointment, please call 1-800-510-4704.