Updates & Resources for Patients
Published: March 24, 2020
You have always trusted us with your care, so rest assured MAO will continue providing essential medical services throughout this Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak.
Downloadable resources for you during the COVID-19 crisis.
Scroll down for resources and a special message from our Medical Director.
Dear MAO Patients and Family Members,
There is so much information to share, but let’s start with the basics:
- MAO remains open. We will continue seeing patients who need us most at our Montgomery and Dothan sites. Temporarily, Atmore, Selma, and our other off-site Telemedicine clinics are now by home telephone and telehealth visits only.
- We are using alternative methods of serving patients, such as telephone visits and telehealth video visits in your home for less urgent cases. These will help us continue caring for patients as we limit on-site visits to those who need immediate physical care for urgent medical issues.
- “Well visits” are being cancelled to help keep patients and staff safe. Patients should postpone in-person checkups and other non-urgent appointments. Most patients already have been notified that their upcoming visit has been shifted to telephone or home telehealth video as appropriate.
- Your health and safety is our No. 1 priority. We are taking numerous steps to help prevent the spread of Coronavirus, including special cleaning measures and practicing social distancing throughout our operations.
- To Better Serve You: Please call in advance and confirm your appointment, including whether it is scheduled to be in-person for new patients and urgent visits only, by telephone, or by home telehealth video. Patients are being asked not to walk-in without calling first. Other information to know:
- The Copeland Care Pharmacy is now temporarily mail order only.
- Behavioral Health therapists visits are available by telephone appointment
- Nutritional Counseling sessions are available by telephone appointment
- Social Work Services are available by telephone appointment
- All MAO Facilities now close at 4:30 PM on Thursday evening (evening clinic hours are temporarily not available) and are not open on Friday mornings (staff and services are available by phone)
- HIV testing is still being done in Montgomery and Dothan, and New HIV Patients are still being accepted, and seen in -person in Montgomery and Dothan
Below are some general guidelines to follow if you or a loved one needs medical care:
If you think you may have coronavirus, you may call the 24/7 Alabama COVID-19 hotline at (888) 264-2256 or visit the COVID-19 in Alabama webpage for testing site locations and hours of operation. Patients must have an appointment to be tested. MAO does not have on-site COVID-19 testing available; your MAO provider can help you know if you need testing, and help arrange testing. Do not come into the MAO clinics if you feel you have Coronavirus symptoms- call for further instructions.
TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT, OR CONFIRM AN APPOINTMENT:
Please call MAO at 334-280-3349 or 1-800-510-4704. Please keep us up to date with your current phone number and contact preferences.
FOR MORE ONLINE INFORMATION:
Please visit us here at maoi.org. Follow us on social media @MAOofAlabama (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram).
FOR URGENT MEDICAL CARE:
If you are experiencing a true medical emergency, please call 911 or go to the nearest emergency room. If you think you have Coronavirus, tell the 911 operator. For non-emergency urgent care – if you have Coronavirus or think you’ve been exposed – please DO NOT go to the emergency room or come to MAO clinics for any reason. Instead, please contact your MAO provider or call the statewide Coronavirus testing number above.
We recognize that this is a difficult time for everyone. Please understand that MAO is doing everything we can to ensure our patients continue receiving the care they need. MAO will send out more details as updates become available.
We hope that you and your loved ones stay healthy and safe.
Cordelia Stearns, MD