High school diploma or equivalent; Medical Assistant and Phlebotomist Certification; BCLS certification
Minimum one year clinical experience; Previous EMR experience preferred
- Assists nursing staff as assigned
- Performs all venipuncture as ordered scheduled and walk ins for all suites
- Assists with venipuncture within suites as needed if there is no availability in main lab
- Maintains CLIA non-waived tests as regulated by lab manager
- Maintains log books for eye wash and refrigerators in all lab areas
- Completes OSHA training
- Completes requisitions for all laboratory orders
- Documents laboratory results in the Electronic Medical Record
- Update patient demographic information upon each visit
- Notifies lab vendors of missing and invalid requests
- Flag/Alert providers of critical lab values with appropriate documentation
- Maintains supplies of main lab will request supplies as needed
- Schedule all lab appointments as requested
- Submit and document patient reminders for all lab appointments
- Works with Community Outreach Intake Specialist to schedule all new patients
- Attend clinic and agency meetings
- Prepares and maintains examination and treatment areas
- Will provide accurate, appropriate, and concise documentation in the EMR timely per the agency policy.
- May document patients complaints, vital signs, and other information as delegated in the EMR upon completion of training
- Will prepare and maintain examination and treatment areas to include stocking as assigned
- May administers IM and subcutaneous injections as ordered after appropriate training.
- May assist Licensed Medical Staff with medication administration.
- Proper collection of laboratory specimens to include but not limited to venipuncture and urine. Adhering to directions of lab collection and OSHA guidelines
- Performs CLIA waived testing after appropriate training to include but not limited to urinalysis, rapid/quick strep, urine pregnancy and flu tests as ordered after appropriate training
- Reports patient care information to Clinical Management Team timely
- Assists in taking and documenting patient telephone calls, and adhere to the EMR policy and procedure if assigned
- Maintain clean, orderly and safe clinic environment to include clinic supplies and equipment
- May serve on quality improvement project teams
- Maintain Continuing Education Units as required to maintain appropriate license
- Proactively serve as a patient advocate by utilizing courteous and professional telephone etiquette at all times by answering the telephone promptly, reflecting a positive tone and speaking distinctly with poise, tact, and assurance.
- Schedule patient appointments accurately and timely; collect co-payments and scan all insurance information into the EMR system.
- All patients must be checked out of the EMR at the end of every visit.
- Messages for clinical and social work staff should be sent through the Clinical Console Module or written.
- HIPPA forms must be completed yearly on each patient.
- Complete authorization for Services forms and appointment reminders on each visit
- Performs any other department or agency related duties as assigned by Management
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Medical Assistant and Phlebotomist Certification
- Minimum one year clinical experience
- Computer skills
- BCLS certification
- Previous EMR experience preferred
- Vaccinated Preferred
- Ability to function cooperatively within a multidisciplinary team
How to apply
To apply, please submit resume and cover letter to DaQuentin Davis, HR Director, at DDavis@maoi.org
Questions relating to this listing may also be directed to (334) 280-3349.